UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Can you tile over tile in a shower area? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

The answer to your question is yes but the question you should be asking is will they stay fixed?.... Yes and no, are original tiles solid? What tiles are you tiling over the top with? Ceramics, porcs, stone? Everyone on here will advise remove old tiles including myself, reason we advise this is because we lay 100s meters every year and we need peace of mind knowing what we fix will not have any problems.

B

bugs183

Its for the best Miller, whilst the boards are off, add noggins close to the shower tray, and silicon or better still 'Instastick' down between the tray these. This will really firm up the shower tray and prevent any water niggles.
Then use Marmox boards,(light and easy to cut), the noggins will give you a lovely firm base to screw the Marmox too.
Tape the joints with waterproof tape and off you go tiling.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Can you tile over tile in a shower area? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Some helpful advice/opinion would be appreciated... Existing tiles on walls, some of the walls...
Replies
Views
Hi, first timers here... I am tiling my bathrooms and prefer the look & neatness of tiling...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.