Discuss can't decide in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

I've never used a vitrex 900 or a rubi du200 so I can't comment but I have had a few Plasplug Master Tilers and I have a Vitrex 750.

The problem with the older plas plug master tilers was they were a bit hit and miss regarding their spindles. the blade could wobble and effect your cuts if you were not careful.

The Vitrex 750 seems a bit more robust and a bit more accurate(or at least the ones i've had are). For the money they are great and I'd go for one over the Plasplugs but they are very similar really, so there's not much between them.

One of my favorite little cutters is the Briccolina

H

Handyeire

The du200 is a little flimsy and is very light compared to the vitrex. The vitrex is far better but weighs a ton. What are you planning on using it for?

For cutting tiles dummy :drool5: na but all jokes aside, its for cutting ceramic and porcelain tiles, its all I seem to be laying and all I have is a plasplug small version. It does the job but its a nightmare cutting larger tiles. I used to own a dewalt but it was stole on me and can't really afford a new or 2nd hand one.

S

Spare Tool

I have the vitrex 750, had it about 4 years and it's still going strong. Cuts anything you throw at it. Would rate it way above the plasplugs had a couple of those and they usually give up the ghost after about 12 months.
The best blades to get for the vitrex are the fine cut as the standard one that comes with end tends to chip porcelain, bit more expensive but worth investing in..

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to can't decide in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone , Looking to replace my old wet cutter and I can’t decide between the Norton cilpper...
Replies
Views
my trusty old wickes wet tile cutter never got returned last time i lent it out. but only cost...
Replies
Views
Hi all I was wondering if anyone could get me any advice on which tile cutter to go for please 🤞...
Replies
Views
Good Morning,new member here, been in the game 25 years, but never too old to learn stuff. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I am looking to purchase a new wet cutter and after reading the forum it seems the RUBI...
Replies
Views
Unused Account 1
U
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB