UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Car Showrooms in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

epoxy pete

as a tiling contractor in the commercial sector mainly, car showrooms are pretty straight forward IF
1. the floor is in a decent state before you start,if pricing it up and tiles are still down,that if it is a re - furb job,you must put a price in seperately for latexing as an extra over item if not included in the bill of quants. normally 3mm of screed ,i go in at 5.50 sq mtr on this.if it requires more then price it up at an extra 1.50 sq mtr extra over per mm of latex per sq mtr
2. allow for the taking up of tiles too in your quote if not by others,as they might expect the tiler to do this in the price,state quite clearly if you are not prepared to do this item,saves confusion later on if you get the job.
3.agree payment terms,usually fortnighly if you can,offer better rate for this arrangement,most contractors will go for this if given a good price.
3.the tiles should be free issue from the contractor as most brands have a corporate image tile they use throughout the ok,so you shouldnt have to fork out for theses,if they ask say no...unless you agree payment for materials on sitedirect with the contractor,if noet dont get involved...walk away from it
3. allow for expansion trims,curved cutting and request a working drawing of the layout of the floor to price it up ,otherwise you might get the job and realise you aint priced for curves,circles you name it car showrooms are not what they used to be !!!!!
4.always use spacers.....goes without saying on these jobs,they like to see equal joints on these jobs and straight lines!!!!
5.if the contractor seems useless and hasnt a clue ..walk away
6.your rates will have to be very competitive ,but not do job for nothing,i would say about 22.50 to 24.00 per mtr sq,supply adhesive and grout,exp trim 15.50 linear mtr tiles will be porcelain usually,will need porcel flex or similar adhesive for this one !!
i hope this helps ask me if you need owt else

pete

L

Leatherface

Hi Trev, have done plenty of work for building contractors ( these should be similar rates ) - the going rate seems to be around £18.00 to £20.00 per metre max labour only. They usually like to supply materials.
Have heard of tilers locally who are doing jobs of this sort for £15.00 per metre
Depends on the area to be tiled & if substrate is good - how quick are you ? You are going to need to throw a few metres down each day to make it worthwhile - otherwise I would give it a miss. Why bother breaking your back when you could make more on a few domestics ( if you are busy enough )

E

epoxy pete

Hi trevortine

BAL motobond.....the names very very vaguely familiar?????...mmmmm
not quite up to speed with BAL products much as i never use them apart from fast flex,then i buy the Dunlop version as its about a third cheaper for some reason??
just read up on the product...its about £24.00 a bag plus from a retailer online,matbe £20.00 trade price ish i guess if you buy it through a trade outlet,which is stilll very expensive!,i always use tilemaster adhesives "setaflex " product,its specially formulated to be used on heated floors,wooden floors etc,its a cement based product rapid or slow setting if you require,single part adhesive,its probably a bit overkill requirement,but its brilliant to work with high strengh once set it like steel!,easy to spread,and at about 10.00 for a 20 kg when bought by the pallet it is a very good deal and product the white setaflex is about £12.50 a bag ,i use there materials on all my jobs its perfect i have never had any problems whatsoever,beats BAL hands down for price and quality,i think here that BAL have re-named an existing product added a bit more admix maybe and flogged it as some miracle product for car showrooms maybe??,"dont believe the hype" as public enemy once said!.
if you do get the job,let me know, i can sort a pallet for you direct to site free delivery anywhere in the uk, p.s i dont work for the manufacturer!!!!!he he ....pete

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Car Showrooms in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am a keen DIYer and have chosen an Impey Aqua Dec 4 and waterguard tanking kit. The Aqua...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.