Discuss Carbide Grit Blades For Cutting in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jaydebruyne

It does depend on the disk, and the tile......cheap Ceramic can be a pain for the chipping. Like other blades for different tools......the cheap blade will do the job, but not as good.

Yeah I'm practicing with a cheap tile, at least I think it's cheap.. Maybe it's not.. But it chips easy, even when scoring it lightly with the Rubi cutter.. Just gonna keep practicing

J

jaydebruyne

So I decided to buy a couple of cheap jigsaw carbide blades. Agreed, they won't/don't last long, but for small jobs I reckon they'll be ok. Just practiced a few cuts and was quite pleased with the blades.

This is my most recent cut out using the carbide jigsaw blades and the Ruby to score along the longer edge and snapping it off.

Sadly, and I don't mind admitting this, this took my tile-jigsawing-virginity and I'm quite pleased with the result. Still a lot of practice needed but pleased all the same :hurray:

sfi6fl.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Carbide Grit Blades For Cutting in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Beginner DIY Tiler, I'm contemplating drilling (with ceramic tile carbide tipped drill bits)...
Replies
Views
I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I am about to lay my patio, 60x60cm porcelain tiles. I have just checked on where...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB