Discuss cash in hand culture in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
i thought id better put this one in the arms :mad2:

today on the radio,a debate about our cash in hand culture and how plumbers ,handymen and the likes are scamming the government out of millions and how they plan to stop it:mad2::mad2:

couldnt beleive my ears,the worst culprits are the flamin customers as far as im concerned

supposedly some insurance companies are already using a lie detector system attached to the phone calls there customers are making to them whilst making claims and this is legal. tax man strrodlepop extraordinaire has cottoned ontot his and they are discussing the possible use of it for the tradesman and self emplyed to see if they have been doing cash jobs without paying tax

i suppose in a way some might think this will weed out the cowboys but i think the cowboys will evade this dodge as well as half of them wont be registered anyway,soon well al lbe robots at this rate,,veiws?:lol::wave2:

U

user123

Control is everywhere,..it's so wrong and insidious, as control assumes guilt... hate it with a vengeance... I feel VERY uneasy about all of it, there is google view, that new facebook place thing and talk of lie detectors - with regards to tradesmen and tax??? The old science fiction movies warn us against all this.. and their writers vision of the future is a bleak one... but technology gets embraced by us all like a welcome guest when in fact we are buying the chains that will tie us down in the end... not good, not good ... :nonod:

A

aph257

the thing is doug,doing cash jobs doesnt mean that your not declaring it,,in this current climate giving the customer a cash price to keep them feeling like they have won the game or got money knocked off is sometimes what you need to win the job,,its still declared in my tax though doesnt mean im doin tax free jobs..i take offence that they assume you are

Quite agree there Jamie.

Reply to cash in hand culture in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

kilty55

Arms
TF
edinburgh

Thread Information

Title
cash in hand culture
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.