Discuss Cement not drying in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

wow Dave, thanks, that was soooooooooooooo helpful. If it helps, I'm not a tiler, I have never tiled anything before. I'm not a tradesman, I'm a mum who cannot afford the luxury of paying someone else to do something for me.

The word wall tile adhesive didn't make you think then ?

It is highly unsuitable and will not stop down and very unlikely set.

Lift the whole lot up and use the correct product.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Thank you, a lot more helpful. Since knowing nothing about tiling I stupidly thought that if it would stick to the wall, then it would stick to the floor. Could have probably whipped up a batter that would have done a better job. Will I really need to take it all up? The top end of the kitchen seems to have set but not the other end.

Cor I wouldn't want to be at yours on pancake day... ;)

seriously though wall and floor tile adhesives are made to very different specifications because they have to deal with very different stresses although there are probably some that would do the job. If you think about it the major stress on a vertical wall is shear stress due to gravity where as the floor tile has to cope with compressive and flexor all stresses due to physical loading.

Sadly I agree that the tiles would be best removed and re laid using the correct type of adhesive.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Cement not drying in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Got a 100m2 floor to do in 900x900 , floor is chipboard with underfloor heating below, floor is...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, Does anyone have experience of using grooved dry screed boards? (Bonus points...
Replies
Views
I'm tiling a 20X20 room, and it will require a lot of cuts around the edges. My question: Would...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need an adhesive suitable for 20x20cm cement encaustic tiles on unskimmed plasterboard...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB