Discuss ceramic mosaic tiles on bathroom floor in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

Can these tiles be put down on bathroom floor and r they hardwaring ? never done this sort of tile on the floor before and need some advice plz
It s on floor boards and the customer wants white grout(thought this would stain badly) Ive seen this done in wetroom etc but bathroom floors ?????
thx in advance guys

What preparation are you doing to the floorboards?

T

Time's Ran Out

12mm plywood has now been replaced with 15mm minimum for British Standard.
The issue I have with modern plywoods is the moisture content/shrinkage in fitting and thus the possibility of cracking.
If your floorboards are well braced and show NO sign of deflection, go down the route of 6mm tile backer boards.
We've come a long way since building paper/chicken wire/sand-cement and this product is real progress!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to ceramic mosaic tiles on bathroom floor in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
OK hear me out. Kitchen floor. Pro tiler. 15mm clearance from top of dishwasher to underside of...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Just had following work done: downstairs toilet - replaced toilet and sink and tiled the floor...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am in the process of tiling with subways and just wanted some help with corners, if trim...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB