Discuss Champions league... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

Hi all,

I do not wish to uppset any of the guy's south of the border however I have had quite a lot of time on my hands tonight to have a look at the champions league history, specifically the semi-finals for each year and the nationallity of the teams who participated.

The main nationallities are , England, spain, Italy and germany with other nations such as portugal, holland, and France appearing in the semis with russia and greece making the odd appearnce.

Pre 2005 it was pretty equal however since then England have heavily dominated the competition.

The reason for this is because they have the most profitable league in the world bar none and can buy the best plyers from all round europe, this was very apparent on Teusday when the gulf in class between Man U and Caltic aws whitnessed.

Now to my point- the competition is becoming boring. Who agrees.

You dont see teams like munich, valencia, porto, juve, inter, monaco, ajax, dortmund, and dynamo kiev getting to the semis any more.

Something has to be done with this competition.

G

graham31

This competition is designed for the rich to get richer and poor get poorer.At the end of the day UEFA don't want their showcase tournament later stages to be littered with teams who have no big names in their team no flare,imagination and skill.

Look at the Man U Celtic game Celtic couldn't get anywhere near Man U they had all the skill and flare and at best Celtic were journeyman like.Now imagine if that were a final(good for Rangers fans to watch Celtic getting a beating)but to the neutral it has no appeal what so ever.UEFA want the best teams best players in the final,now and again their will be a surprise but they are becoming few and far between.

As for it becoming boring i don't think you can ever get bored watching special players.But the tournament will continue to be dominated by the English big 4 cause like you say Charlie that's were all the money is.

Bebatov 30million Celtic 35million over 4years says it all

Oops seem to have got carried away and went in other direction

What was the question again-Champions League boring?No

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Champions league... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

D
a new season gets underway in the champions league tonight,real have spent big and have a new...
Replies
Views
Ramag
R
D
Man U fans should be happy Brian C, what you think Rangers stand good chance, the gunners too...
Replies
Views
hillhead
H

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Champions league...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.