Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Changed Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Sean fsy

When i priced a job up 4 months ago the customer said they were just going to buy "normal tiles say 13"x13" so i quoted £20m2 quite big kitchen 30m2. anyway When i turned up to tile it this week they had bought pilkington dorset 6"x6" tiles. bit like quarry tiles really. it has took me 2 days so far and ive laid Approx 550/600 tiles diamond set to include perimeter cuts aswell. Do you think i should mention that If i knew they were going to be that kind of tile my price would have been a little more exspensive.

P

puddle

I would have mentioned it first, however now started, when it comes to invoicing, I would just be straight with them ,explain the situation and say would it be ok to add 'x' ,come to a compromise if required, you have nothing to hide and may find they are expecting a extra charge, as extra work is involved, you do not want to upset but trying to add extra cost on other jobs could back fire, as they may think you are taking advantage of them
Maybe give a discount on the extra charge, to show your fairness and that you value their custom, explain you are only bringing up the extra charge as the original price given was very fair ,as you value there custom and thus did not leave much movability
Just some thoughts
:smiley2:

S

Sean fsy

is the issue the size of the tile or that they are on the 45?

The size of the tile, theres a lot more grouting involved aswell. talked to the customer today who is absolutely spot on and it came up in conversation and his reply was just tell me how much you want Sean. Theres probably at least another 100 m2 to do in the property in his words "when im available" Thats october lol. The painter as just finished the outside of the property, He used 65 gallon of sandtex paint!

Reply to Changed Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
We recently completed the (rectified porcelain) floor tile installation in the bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Quick question about setting up for tiling a 16m2 space in garden. I know the addage about doing...
Replies
Views
hats67 - Yesterday at 11:48 PM Add bookmark #1 Hello guys. I came upon and registered with...
Replies
Views
Hello - first post please be gentle. I am rennovating a typical 1930s semi. I am doing some...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Changed Tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.