Discuss Charity head shave in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

My hobo style hair hair has been growing nicely for a couple of years now and I've been threatening to have it shaved for charity for a while, well the time has arrived. I'll be doing it on th 22nd November and will be donating to Marie Curie cancer care and also a local charity. I'd be massively greatful for anything at all that you can spare and I will do hourly updates on the day (I'm going to drag it out over an entire afternoon!). I'm also going to allow people to have a go for a tenner, I'll probably regret that! Thanks in advance.

https://www.justgiving.com/Brian-Jackson5

I

Ian

This is how daft I look right now!
6818f8477f7a0ff7aa7a1ad4dc248197.jpg

8195657b936952d8908c996e2ac79fe0.jpg

D

Deleted member 9966

Bri, you look awful :lol:

I did something hair related for charity recently also. I grew my hair longer than I could comfortably cope with and had people sponsor me to cut it off. I chopped off a 12 inch ponytail and donated it to The Little Princess Trust so that they can use it to make natural wigs for children suffering with cancer and hairloss, and I asked people to donate to a cancer hospice where a friend of mine died last year at the age of 33.

See the attached pics!

I'll sponsor you Bri :thumbsup:

Attachments

• WP_20140816_001.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 66
  • FB_20140816_14_04_53_Saved_Picture.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 60
  • WP_20140815_001.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 69
D

Deleted member 9966

I initially set a target of £100 for my fundraising but that got smashed in a couple of weeks, so I raised it to £200 but that came and went and in the end, I said if I hit £400, I'd dye my hair pink. Jokingly, I told a friend that if I raised £500 I'd shave it all off but by the time the chop-day came I'd only just broken £400 but in the end, I exceeded over £500 in donations. I was very humbled, lots of people donated and not just small amounts either. Those who had been touched by cancer already were very generous. Anything we can do to support research and care for sufferers is well worth it.

Reply to Charity head shave in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

4,858 of 4,965 people found the following review helpful 5.0 out of 5 stars Oh the shame...., 3...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB