Discuss Cheap Solution....Tile over Tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
ok interesting lol,so you have kids......i wouldnt tile on tile,its not good practice but definate no no if you have kids in bath etc imo

painting over tiles,never a fan of this either and to be honest its going to be a short term solution especially in a water area

i would buy bumpy whites,remove the tiles and replace plasterboard,also skim wall if necessary and re tile

depends on your budget though bunny

C

conceptceramics

deffinatly take the tiles off, ive tiled over tiles before for cheapness for sum customers on a social housing scheme but i wouldnt reccomemd it, especially if the walls only have splashbacks tiled, u will get two layers of tiles that is impossible to cover with trim and make look good, and just think of how proud u will be when u do it the right way and stand back and take a look.....deffinatly take em off, so much more rewarding, and u never know how well the old tiles have bonded to the wall.

B

bunnycd

The garage floor is a really long story. Great to hear from you again :) In a nutshell we decided to get the garage floor impressed with concrete as removing the garage floor was £2k and we were quoted £2.5k for impressed concrete for 40sqm. Sounds good right? Well we got totally ripped off and ended up paying £2k to this guy who did no work. Our own fault really for trusting a stranger. Then my hubbie lost his job and we were stuck, we had given £2k to a con man and had no decking because I sold this on ebay. Luckly we found a wonderful guy who finished it for us for a good price so it now looks amazing :) nice end to a bad situation. Lesson learnt = don't pay upfront :)

Reply to Cheap Solution....Tile over Tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Some helpful advice/opinion would be appreciated... Existing tiles on walls, some of the walls...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Cheap Solution....Tile over Tiles?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.