Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Cheapish tile cutter? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rascal

Hi all,

I'm after a cheap manual tile cutter, just wondering if their worth bothering with? I have a cheapo electric cutter that does the job but i'm fed up with the mess and going outside every time I need to cut!

I don't do much tiling so I don't want to spend hundreds. I see rubi do cheap ones for about £50 plus screwfix do one for the same money and they have a 'big clinker' on offer for £80.

Any advice?

Whats the minimum you can slice of an edge with one of these cutters?

Cheers!

G

garretridge

Hi all,

I'm after a cheap manual tile cutter, just wondering if their worth bothering with? I have a cheapo electric cutter that does the job but i'm fed up with the mess and going outside every time I need to cut!

I don't do much tiling so I don't want to spend hundreds. I see rubi do cheap ones for about £50 plus screwfix do one for the same money and they have a 'big clinker' on offer for £80.

Any advice?

Whats the minimum you can slice of an edge with one of these cutters?

Cheers!

b&q are doing the big clinker for £50 at the trade counter at the minute. you can cut strips around 15mm no probs on any decent cutter. hope this helps!:thumbsup:

T

Time's Ran Out

So cutting 20mm of a tile and using the BIG bit is setting out wrong?????!

Looks like its the big clinker then at half price that's the price for me....cheers guys!

I stand corrected!
I wrongly assumed it was the SMALL bit that you required to be cut from the tile as any size down to a shaving can be effectively taken off a tile.
Thank you for pointing out my error and may you have fun with your big clinker.

A

Ant

Hope am not too late.

I'm just starting out (currently on course). This big clinker, can't find it on B&Q website. Maybe its just available in store.

I have seen the Magnusson cutters though - £28 for 500mm and £37 for 600mm. I know Magnusson make decent spanners and other tools but thats cheap, anyone know if they any good?

As i say just starting out and will also be buying a Virex wet cutter. No chance am gonna be affording a Rubi dry cutter just yet. Budget for this type of cutter is around £50 for me.

Cheers all

Ant:thumbsup:

Reply to Cheapish tile cutter? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone 🙂.My friend has a cheap ceramic cutting machine that i don't like working with. it...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hello. I’m about to do a patio around a pool outside. I’ve been looking at manual scribe and...
Replies
Views
Hi Peeps, I'm new to this site but been in the game a looooong time :) Looking to purchase a new...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, After some advice. I don't do loads of tiling but do a few bathrooms here and there...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Cheapish tile cutter?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%