UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Cheers Bri in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

IvegotsTILE

Turned up to a house on wednesday that I'm tiling.50sqm kitchen extention into hallway,toilet and utility area.Now I had a quick look a couple of weeks ago at the job which I also have 2 bathrooms to do and everything seemed fine they just needed to decide on tiles and do the prep I discussed.
The tiles in the kitchen were meant to be about 40*40 normal set but when I turned up they were about 42*42 and 82 by 42 in a staggered set(floors arent very level and they dont want to use self levelling cause of height difference into existing rooms and cost).
This all kind of threw me a bit as it was a bit unexpected,wasnt sure if with the uneven floor and and big tiles if I could get it to look great plus I didnt have a cutter big enough.
I decided I've always managed to get over every bad floor in the past so would make sure this looked great too_Only problem is I didnt want to spend all day cutting them with a grinder and nowhere in my arearents out cutters this big.Then I remembered Bri had a tx 1200,after one quick call he said it was mine to use and I could pick it up that night.:hurray: Went to his house and to the garage.He dissapeared around the corner then I saw this red box start coming round the corner ,2 minutes later I saw brian holding the middle of the box and another 2 minutes I saw the end of the box:yikes:.This thing was like watching the start of Star Wars where the imperial Star destroyer comes into view and seems to go on for ever.
Thanks to brians cutter and alot of hardwork on my part the floor is starting to look great since I've broken the back of all the difficult bits and will be finished this week.
I just wanted to say a big thankyou to Bri for being such a gent and they'll be a few Fosters coming back with the cutter next week:cheers2:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Cheers Bri in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
D
Hello, A recent property purchase as an investment in Florida. Home is 1-owner from new. I'm...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 60189
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Cheers Bri
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.