UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Chipboard floor and ufh, advice please. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jerry

Hi folks
Im new to the site and looking for thoughts on the above.
The job is a hallway leading into a kitchen/extension. About 50sqm. The floor is 22mm chipboard fixed directly to joists, although they seem to have put in extra noggins and tightened the floor up pretty well I have no real experience of chipboard.
I am a big fan of Ditra mat but wonder if this would be enough. The heating mat would go onto the Ditra, the Ditra glued to the chipboard.
Any thoughts greatly welcome.
Thanks
Jerry

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Chipboard floor and ufh, advice please. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am planning on tiling my bathroom floor, I removed the old tiles myself which were...
Replies
Views
We just had a 1.5 sq. m area of floor tiled professionally in our ensuite. The base floor is 18...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We've installed a breathable limecrete floor with wet UFH in order to manage problems...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.