Discuss Chipboard Floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mick_c

I have just joined the forum as, an amateur in need of advice. Could someone tell me why you shouldn't tile over chipboard. Is it just the movement of the floor that cause grout or tiles to crack or is there someother reason? I did tile on top of my chipboard floor about 8 years ago and have had no problems, was I just lucky? I am planning to tile my Daughters bathroom and son in law has replaced the old floorboards with 18 mm green chipboard floor, as money is tight don't have the heart to tell him to rip it up again.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Chipboard Floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
hello Folks, its a tiny area. 1.8 m2. Joists are solid 3 inch wide. Area is upstairs close to...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi, 1st time tiling, decided our ensuite would benefit from being a wetroom. Quick question, any...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Chipboard Floor
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.