Discuss Chipboard floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

New build house 5yrs old.
Went to tile 2 ensuite floors this afternoon, the client had ripped out the carpets.
There was a bit of damage to 1 part of the floor, as I walked in to check on it I felt a bounce on the floor.
I put the boy into the room to jump around till I stood & watched how much deflection was in the floor, it was bad.
Took out the damaged bit of floor & there was sterling board, OSB, underneath it but the chipboard was floating roughly 10mm above this.
I have never came across a floor like this in over 15yrs of being in & out sites.
Anyone saw a floor like this?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Chipboard floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first post. I’m currently doing a job on my house where we’ve moved the kitchen and...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
We just had a 1.5 sq. m area of floor tiled professionally in our ensuite. The base floor is 18...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm doing a small bathroom renovation for someone and the walls and floor are failing...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB