Discuss chipped tile in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Hi Guys,
I have chipped the edge off one of my porcelain tribe ivory floor tiles, do any off you guys know how to fix this problem. I bought a magicezy kit but couldn't match the colour. If I could just colour it near the same colour it wouldn't be noticeable. I was thinking maybe ivory grout but they only sell in 3kg bags, can you buy grout touch up pens in ivory colour?. Would appreciate any feedback

Cheers
Terry
tile.jpg

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
You want try to get an epoxy resin grout those come in small tubs and once set never fail or come away.

Bloody shame when that happens.

Keep dirty mop water away from it for now. Once it soaks in the biscuit it'll be hard clean up to fix.

There's also a guy that repairs such cracks and chips that you can call out (can anybody remember who he is?) But I forget his name and it wouldn't be cheap.

Mind you epoxy isn't cheap either.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
An ivory grout might stand out. A wall grout is going to be the least coarse so have a look through some colour options. There aren't small bags usually to be honest so it'll be the case of finding the smallest available either online or local.

It's going be a case of matching it up I think. Might not ever be perfect.

@Tile Fix Direct might have BAL easypoxy (if it's still called that?)

What tile stores are near you?

Your other option is a tile replacement. Got any tiles left? You can drill the tile loads after scoring out the grout around it, break it up with hammer and chisel. Chip away the adhesive left behind. Then retile it with a fresh tile and be careful not to chip it.

Must have been a hard knock porcelain is usually pretty tough.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to chipped tile in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hey there Firstly thanks in advance for any replies or comments. I've got a tiler in atm who...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB