UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss chiselled edge trav, sizey in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Ireland
My usual tile shop has a new supplier of trav, It seems better quality stone, but is chiselled edged instead of tumbled, and odd sized
I've laid some out in a french pattern and they haven't allowed for the width of the joints, they are 24x16,16x16, 16x8 and 8x8 exactly:mad2:

Is there a different pattern that you use if you come across this?
Do you keep these tiles close together,I reckon they could be laid with a 2mm joint, of course, the chisselled edge,when grouted, will look much wider will it not?(grey grout to be used)
This is them
Andrew
2012-02-29180314.jpg

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

you need to have a much bigger gap on these tiles 6 mm if you are mixing different sizes i would lay them out starting with the biggest work the tiles round this gets to form a repeat interlocking pattern always comming back on it self. most tile shops that sell this kind of tile should have a pattern book for you to follow .never liked these tiles my self .grout always gets dirty but iam told this is the rustick look

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

it must be a london thing always been asked for a wider joint have laid hundreds of m2 of these very popualr 10 years a go normaly ivory grout . if you lay these at 2 mm joints and you find they get a bit sizey you will find your self stuggling to keep floor square. tip get six of each tile push them tight together and check the square if 2 mm out add this to your grout joint. check first fix once

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to chiselled edge trav, sizey in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am a beginner starting another room at my home here in the US and want to do the...
Replies
Views
M
sHi. My builders laid 60 x 60 glacier ivory tiles in my kitchen a few weeks ago. I bought the...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
F
Hello everyone. I am over here in the USA, but noticed, when googling for info on Mapei grouts...
Replies
Views
Mr Tiler
M
P
Hi guys recent new member, excellent forum full of great advice, hope you can give me a bit of...
Replies
Views
White Room
W

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.