UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Choosing a grout colour for red gloss tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tracser

Hi All,

Could anyone give a bit of advice on what grout colour to use on red gloss wall tiles? The kitchen has gloss ivory units, black work top with light grey fleck and a stainless steel splashback behind the hob, matt black floor tiles with light grey grout. Walls are a cream shade. The splashbacks will only be 200mm in height and consist of red gloss rectangular tiles (50mm x 400mm) set out in brick effect, stacked at 1/3 intervals. I intend to have a stainlees steel trim around the periphery outwards both ways from the hob stainless splashback to create a nice clean line.

Im rubbish at choosing and was hoping people would have a few ideas, I was thinking light grey but am told a limestone colour may look better.

Cheers

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
If you are using a cream on the painted walls I would be tempted to go with ivory/cream. The problem them occurs if you change the paint colour. The grout really needs to be tied in to a constant colour in the kitchen and my preference would be the closest colour to the grey fleck in the worktop.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Choosing a grout colour for red gloss tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have a brick effect red brick type tile splashback at home, porcelain tiles. They have been up...
Replies
Views
Recently tiled a bathroom 500 x 200 ceramic tiles onto drylined and tanked walls(Ardex tanking)...
Replies
Views
A
Ok so I have a customer who is looking to have there bathroom done and they have requested 3...
Replies
Views
MTiler
M
Has anyone grouted stainless steel mosaic tiles with epoxy grout? I’ve got about 6sqm of a...
Replies
Views
M
Good afternoon all, I would really appreciate some advice for my tiling job which I've just...
Replies
Views
mclb01
M

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.