UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Choosing grout colour advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jkettlechip

I am having a headache with choosing the right grout colour, so looking for some advice really. The grout is going to be used in a wet room and the floor and wall tiles are a light creamy tile with beige marble effect. I have purchased mapei ivory for the walls and mapei beige for the floor but I am thinking that these might show up the dirt?
Any alternative advice on what colours will look nice but also be practical?
Thanks

Ps. Here is a link to the tile if it helps http://m.diy.com/mt/www.diy.com/nav/decor/tiles/floor-tiles/ceramic_floor_tiles/Purity-Latte-Marble-Effect-Matt-Floor-Tile-Pack-5-11767505?&action=detail&un_jtt_redirect

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Funny as I saw some reviews saying mapei beige was more pink also, so I think I will exchange for grey instead. Im not too keen having a grey grout on the walls but I see why it would make sense in keeping everything uniform.

I meant to use the ivory on both, not grey. The grey will stand out against the beige tile too much IMO

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I agree...Ideally I think ivory would go better (hence why bought it for the walls) but my concern is the practicality of the floor. I read that natural body oils and shower products discolour grout, and with the extra cleaning products I will need to use it might not sustain well - even with a sealant ?

Would Ivory walls and a light grey grout be a big no??

I wouldn't say its a big no, but you've asked for an opinion and mine is to match the walls and floor in a complimentary colour to the tile. It depends on which sealer you use as well as to sustainability.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
This is a water based sealer that I regularly use. Be careful to read the instructions prior to purchasing to make sure you are happy on how to use it. I normally apply liberally with a 1/2" brush along the grout joints, allow at least 1 hour before buffing off. You will need to leave it free from water for a minimum of 12 hours, the longer the better if possible.

[DLMURL="http://www.drytreat.com/Products/Protection/META-CREME"]META CRÈME[/DLMURL]

PS I think you made the right choice for the colour

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Choosing grout colour advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi any advice on what would go with what. I've layed off white tiles on floor with grey...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hey all, New to the forum so go easy ;) I've finished tiling my bathroom floor with honed...
Replies
Views
I am planning to get 1000x1000 tiles in my kitchen from the following website. In the quote they...
Replies
Views
Hi - any advice would be gratefully received. The colour of the grout in my bathroom varies...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.