UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Cladding for ceilings in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Morning all I've got a full bathroom refurb coming up (already got the job) and the costumer wants cladding on the ceiling he's found this on e bay White Gloss Ceiling Cladding with Chrome Strip - bathrooms,kitchens,offices. | eBay

Has and body used or seen this up before i like it but the ceiling is just under 14m2 do you think it would be too much with the chrome strip in it. I can't find any that look smooth without the chrome strip any ideas.

thanks in advance
Tom

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
The chrome strip is an option to clip in. Just buy the cladding. I have fitted it before with the strip and you have to watch out if the customer is having spotlights. If they are then you have to make sure they are centred in the middle of each panel, but then you have to make sure that the lights miss the joists. So a bit of working out to do.

Did you speak to Trade Bathrooms at Castleford on your previous post?

T

tfs

I dont know if I have used that exact brand of cladding but I have used cladding frequantly.

I normally use buyrite bathroom's cladding and its pretty easy to work with. The only down side is working with cladding that only has tongue and groove on the sides (none on the ends) as you can end up with a lot of waste. You need to take into account the length and width of the room, not just the actual square meterage. I think the stuff I use comes in 4000mm lengths so if it 2000mm or a bit less then waste isnt too much of an issue.

I think the chrome strip actually looks alright when installed.

Attachments

• DSC00593.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know if I have used that exact brand of cladding but I have used cladding frequantly.

I normally use buyrite bathroom's cladding and its pretty easy to work with. The only down side is working with cladding that only has tongue and groove on the sides (none on the ends) as you can end up with a lot of waste. You need to take intoe account the lengthe and width of the room, not just the actual square meterage. I think the stuff I use comes in 4000mm lengths so if it 2000mm or a bit less then waste isnt much of an issue.

I think the chrome strip actually looks alright when installed.

The rooms 2.7x5m so ill have to go for 3m lengths not to much waste. The bathrooms gonna be tiled with 60x40 trav with 10m2 of tumbled mosaic and 30x30 dark trav for floor it took me ages to talk em round to tiling the floor i wanted to go with normal trav they wanted a carpet:mad2: so agreed on the darker trav. There's gonna be a double ended whirlpool bath double walk in shower and all furniture will be walnut, Ceiling will have 8 spots i would have just plastered and painted it do you think cladding would be over kill?

T

tfs

I dont think it would be overkill mate, but be sure to charge for skimming and painting the ceiling lol. its not your fault they keep changing their mind. The main thing is, that you are giving them what they want. I would frame the ceiling too though as some people try to stick the panel direct to the exisiting ceiling. I preffer to frame out the ceiling and then use both silicone and screws or staples to ensure a good fixing with a flat and level surface.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I dont think it would be overkill mate, but be sure to charge for skimming and painting the ceiling lol. its not your fault they keep changing their mind. The main thing is, that you are giving them what they want. I would frame the ceiling too though as some people try to stick the panel direct to the exisiting ceiling. I preffer to frame out the ceiling and then use both silicone and screws or staples to ensure a good fixing with a flat and level surface.

Best to baton round the room and then across to get it perfectly level. You should then have a uniform height on the top tile size then as well.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Cladding for ceilings in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, Currently preparing for my own bathroom refit and i'm doing all job myself except for...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all. I am a keen DIYer (at home) but have never tiled! I want to tile our small...
Replies
Views
Plumber from Kent, was looking for advice on project, found this site through mapi. Hope I'm...
Replies
Views
B
Evening all, My first post here so please be gentle with me!;) I'm redoing the kitchen and...
Replies
Views
B
G
Hi, We had a partial wet room installed in our first floor bathroom over 3 years ago by a...
Replies
Views
Gemma
G

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.