Guest viewing is limited

Discuss classic enquiry in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
had a call today from a lady wanting her living room and kitchen tiled,,,she sounded sketchy so i thought id ask some questions before i drove the 40 miles to look at it,,,,im glad i did

the living room is already tiled onto plywood,,but the kitchen is concrete and untiled she says

ok i said ,,then she tells me her plasterer is coming back to plaster the kitchen floor to bring it up to level with the living room tiles....all nice and ready for me to tile over the entire lot:yikes:

i gave her some advice on how to do it properly which she took no notice off.

the end:lol:

D

Daz

Nice one Jamie.

I had a call on Friday which sounded rather suspect, so I asked a few extra questions.

It turns out that the floating floor had previously been tiled and they all cracked so the customer wanted it doing again. He has overboarded the floor with 6mm ply ("it's going nowhere" he says), and the 12sqm floor should only take me half a day (max). I told him to chuck some lino down and refused to go and quote.

Reply to classic enquiry in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Had wet system UFH installed on a concrete subfloor to the whole ground floor ie living room...
Replies
Views
Im going to be tiling my shower room walls and floor with some large format tiles as per the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I tiled a kitchen and living room floor last week and the grout has started to...
Replies
Views
Sealing Moisture resistant plasterboard Hi I am new here, I have been reading through many of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

kilty55

Arms
TF
edinburgh

Thread Information

Title
classic enquiry
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.