UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Clay shooting... Hunting / vermin control.. etc in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Just a seperate to Dougs dog thread...

how many use guns.. be them shot guns for either sport shooting or clays.. or even air rifles etc for vermin control...

Do you use ferrets etc.. netting etc..

There is a guy on utube i tend to follow , who posts some good vids on his exploits out in the field...

I will be out again soon on sundays once the weather warms up... not a lover of vermin shooting in the cold... getting soft in my old age.. lol :)

D

doug boardley

always used ferrets as youngsters, but deffo want to use Rubes to her full potential so she'll be taken shooting next season,,,although she'll have to miss the first month of pheasants...'cos she'll be up river salmon fishing with me!!:smilewinkgrin:
On a side note, we found one of our hens dead in hutch the other week,,,no way it could've been a fox, that would've wiped out the lot! so my guess is a rat bite, bloody vermin, reduced Harrison to tears when I told him:thumbsdown:

W

White Room

always used ferrets as youngsters, but deffo want to use Rubes to her full potential so she'll be taken shooting next season,,,although she'll have to miss the first month of pheasants...'cos she'll be up river salmon fishing with me!!:smilewinkgrin:
On a side note, we found one of our hens dead in hutch the other week,,,no way it could've been a fox, that would've wiped out the lot! so my guess is a rat bite, bloody vermin, reduced Harrison to tears when I told him:thumbsdown:

Trouble is putting poison down you got to consider the dog and local friendly wildlife....get a gun:thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

Any rat holes doug..?

If so.. smoke them out with a chain saw with rich oil mix and a hose pipe on the exhaust.. then a nice big stick as they come out all drowsy..
no rat holes to see Dave, but I have their henhouse raised up on a slatted pallet that backs onto a field, so my guess is that it's snuck out of the field and under chain link fence and into henhouse,,,there was 2 cracked eggs in nest box too:thumbsdown:

W

White Room

First shot gun I bought which I still have was a lanber and a cheaper of the range but a new one has a 5 year guarantee from the manufacturer, at the time it was under £600, if you go second hand go to a good gun shop rather than off a private seller at least you will have some sort of guarantee and some professional advise and then you can say what it's for, then theres the multi chokes and cartridges which they should explain...

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Clay shooting... Hunting / vermin control.. etc in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.