UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Cleaning and then resealing slate floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Mark02

TF
Could do with a little more info is it just general dirt? Have the tiles been sealed previously? If so how long ago and perhaps you know what with? And finally what size m2 is it that you are going to do by hand?:smilewinkgrin:

No ther are grease marks paint splatter etc etc. I believe the tiles have been sealed as water dosent soak into them. I dont know with what as they were put in by the previous owner. The floor area is about 5 sq meters.

J

Jon Stones

hi the best way is to use a mechanichal scrubber but as its a galley kitchenthis will be to big so bear with me hear go`s.
firstly you need to get hold of some ltp grimex mix in warm water as per instructions and soak a workable area of floor ,do not cover more floor than you can reach or you will get in a mess about a mtr wide at a time is enough then leave 10to 15 mins.(do not allow to dry out)
after the floor has soaked scrub vigoursly with a stiff scrubbing brush preferably nylon make sur grout joints are scrubbed realy well.
sponge floor over rinsing with plenty of clean water.
repeat this for the rest of the floor not to much at a time, when floor is done alow 24hrs to dry (do not walk on floor with dirty footwear of spill any thing on it at this stage or allow animals on it.
after 24 hrs seal floor with impregnating sealer such as ltp mattstone or colour intensifier or a surface sealer such as ltp iron wax.
sorry a bit long winded but its worth it i have been stripping and resealing stone and terracotta for 8yrs and this will work.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Cleaning and then resealing slate floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am in the process of tiling with subways and just wanted some help with corners, if trim...
Replies
Views
Hello all I have procelain tiles laid in my kitchen floor. The tiles are cream colour and have...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.