Discuss Cleaning ceramic floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

F

Floydy

We have some floors laid in Fired Earth Ethos ceramic tiles and have been struggling with the right cleaning. I'm in the process of using Lithofin products recommeded by Fired Earth to clean and seal these tiles.

For ongoing maintenance I'm thinking of getting a Lavor Sprinter scrubber / drier. Anyone on here got any experience of using this kind of device?

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Floydy

Thanks for the welcome, Diamondtiling

I see Sir Ramic took out my link, apologies for seeming like I was advertising. :oops:

I have no connection with any company involved - I'm merely a consumer faced with a cleaning problem. Today I spent 6 hours on my hands and knees with Lithofin Intensive Cleaner, a scrubbing brush and a cleaning cloth, cleaning over 40 square metres. I'm pleased with the results (see attached pic), but it's a pain in the ****. :smiley2:

I'm just hoping that I'd be able to achieve the same results with the Lavor thingy, it's expensive, but if it does the job I'll be happy to make the investment.

tilecleaning.jpg

F

Floydy

The only problem with these scrubber dryers is the do not clean the grout joints. What area are we talking about, so i could advice more. :thumbsup:

We've got about 40 square metres of these tiles - kitchen, hallway, utility room and downstairs bathroom - and they were laid in the smaller of the two sizes available, so there is alot of grout joint to clean. My efforts yesterday with the Lithofin cleaner and a scrubbing brush hasn't cleaned the grout either, so any advice would be very welcome. Especially advice that doesn't involve me spending hours on my hands and knees - my ageing joints and muscles are complaining this morning.

You mention ceramic tiles are they unglazed is that why your sealing them, don't know that perticuler tile

They are unglazed - "eggshell" is the best way I can think of describing the texture. I'm hoping that sealing them will make regular cleaning easier and more effective.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Cleaning ceramic floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB