Discuss cleaning honed travertine floor tiles in kitchen in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

aflemi

TF
Arms
I laid 40sqm of honed travertine 400mm sq in my kitchen about 15-18 months ago. I sealed them with 3 coats lithofin, 1 before grouting, 2 after.
There are some minor cracks, holes appearing but nothing drastic, I'll deal with them eventually, when I have time.
However, general stains have started to become more difficult to wipe off properly, after spending so much time laying it, I am anal about it being kept clean. The last straw was on Sat night the wife managed to spray lemonade EVERYWHERE.
We immediately wiped it all clean, but the splash marks from the lemonade are clearly visible, despite the fact we could not have acted quicker.
I am thinking I have not re-sealed the floor often enough i.e. never, which I am mad about, but I need to do something about the marks, before re-sealing. What product is best for removing general kitchen stains?

I would say to anyone considering travertine for a kitchen floor, it is the most impractical material I have ever come across, our kitchen is really lightly used but the maintainence required to keep it clean is way out of proportion... never again....

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to cleaning honed travertine floor tiles in kitchen in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. Have a tiler coming in to do my floor tiles but don't think he's done a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi all. After living in my property for over 7 years I've recently discovered the type of tile...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB