Discuss Clever idea needed to solve a boxed in section/cupboard in bathroom!!! in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

H

hulkiebear

i am refitting the my bathroom, and as the size is about 2m by 2m, which is a fairly good size, I still have a space issue. The lay out of the room, which is dictated by the position of the door, window and external wall for soil pipe, means that the toilet is right next to the end of the bath(on an adjacent wall) that is to have a boxed in section.
The boxing in will be about 350mm from the end of bath to wall, and 700mm wide(width of bath).
bathroom.png

Ok, the issues I have to deal with are that there are isolation valves just under the floor at this point(there is a opening in the floor to see them).
Now what I would like to do is have a cupboard here with a false floor to access the isolation valves. This would be very easy if i were able to have the door on the side, but due to the proximity of the toilet so close this is not possible. So I would like to turn it in to a chest type situation, with a top opening lid.
At present I think that there are too many issues for me to over come, which include making the lid water tight, solving any damp issues inside the storage area, as kids bath toys will be kept in here and how to make a lid that can be tiled onto.

I am expecting to be told that it is a bad idea and can't be done, but if anyone has any useful ideas or creative suggestions that might help point me in the right direction, please reply.

many thanks
Lee.

Reply to Clever idea needed to solve a boxed in section/cupboard in bathroom!!! in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good afternoon all, I’m new to this forum and hope someone can help me. I’m generally trying to...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all. I am a keen DIYer (at home) but have never tiled! I want to tile our small...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB