UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss close one in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike

i had a close one sunday night/monday morning as someone went in my car (i hadn't locked it as the battery in the remote was playing up) and rifled through it, they took my £1 coins from the ashtray and left my glove box open, they found my sat nav bracket but luckily the sat nav was in the pouch behind the front seat. the thieves also robbed parcels from a neighbours van and a quad bike from down the road. even more lucky for me was that my van was unlocked by my car with all my tools in :yikes: i will be locking them both at all times now,

M

Mike

I can't believe you leave your van unlocked Mike! I've got an OCD about my van being locked and check it about 8 times before I go to bed
Sent from iPhone using tapatalk
crime is relatively unheard of here bri but you never know . i used to sometimes leave my wallet in the van and i often leave my wedding ring on the dash.

Last edited by a moderator:
My son lives at home with us and this morning early this morning he just had to call me from work. Why? well he said he left his van unlocked last night and someone broke in and stole a couple of $ coins.
Now i know this has happened before, and as now, he also left his van unlocked. The reason he called me was, and wait for it.........." what do you think we should do about it?" i paused for a moment in disbelief, and asked him if he was kidding. but no he was quite serious that WE should do something about it. i was half asleep so thanked him for sharing his problem with me so xxxx early and told him to figure it out on his own and hung up:mad2:. ....so guys....tell me, what would you do? What would you have said given the fact he woke me an hour before i needed to?
oh and mike lock your damned car man!!! because they will be back seeing you"re an easy target:lol:

Last edited:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
i leave my van unlocked...... rt-8768.jpg and my mate likes to sleep in the back...:thumbsup:

P

paul damian

Sorry to hear youre bad luck mike , a couple of months ago about two in the morning my pair of russell terriers were barking constant in the back yard i first thought it was a cat, but on my better judgement i decided to go downstairs to check it out , i grabbed the baseball bat in the utility room before i turned on the yard spotlight ,first i noticed somebody running down the drive, the other joker stayed on to face me ,as he was staring into the spotlight he never noticed what i had in my hand until i was nearly on him,,, lucky sod turned and gave it legs , being a smoker i couldnt keep up with him. Only for them two terriers i would of been minus the car. BE SMART AND LOCK UP.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to close one in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

B
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone starting in the tiling business! I am selling my...
Replies
Views
Bushwhacker1
B
C
as the saying goes if carlsberg did nightmare weeks this would be it. started on sunday...
Replies
Views
C
A
Well before i get into the selling circle itself there are certain things you need to know in...
Replies
Views
AMtek
A
J
Does anyone know if this stuff is true....?? *5 THINGS YOU PROBABLY NEVER KNEW YOUR MOBILE...
Replies
Views
doug boardley
D
M
Iv been meeting to write this for a while but havent been in the right mood, m not trying too be...
Replies
Views
user123
U

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.