UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss close one in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike

i had a customer phone me up this evening to thank me for tiling his bathroom floor and walls in his holiday home between xmas and new year. he said i done a great job but i used the wrong floor tiles :yikes: he wanted a 450 x 450 grey tile (i used a brown 300 x 300) which he chose in my local tile shop. the customer asked me to purchase the tiles as he was now at home in manchester and that the tile shop know which tiles he wanted. when i went to pick up the tiles the tile shop vaguely remembered him and gave me the tiles he had 'viewed'. i didn't doubt the tile shop and the customer couldn't be contacted anyway as he's a doctor so i laid the floor. lucky this is just a holiday home and the customer aint too bothered or this could have been costly. has anyone had a similar situation or worse?

nybor62

TF
rotherham
i had a customer phone me up this evening to thank me for tiling his bathroom floor and walls in his holiday home between xmas and new year. he said i done a great job but i used the wrong floor tiles :yikes: he wanted a 450 x 450 grey tile (i used a brown 300 x 300) which he chose in my local tile shop. the customer asked me to purchase the tiles as he was now at home in manchester and that the tile shop know which tiles he wanted. when i went to pick up the tiles the tile shop vaguely remembered him and gave me the tiles he had 'viewed'. i didn't doubt the tile shop and the customer couldn't be contacted anyway as he's a doctor so i laid the floor. lucky this is just a holiday home and the customer aint too bothered or this could have been costly. has anyone had a similar situation or worse?
mike i would never do anything as stupid as that lol

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
customer went in to a tile shop pionted out the tile they wanted BUT the sales assitant write down the wrong tile, they gave me the info to pick up the tiles and tile there kitchen floor while they were on holiday.

i went to the tile shop not knowing they had write down the wrong tiles, and picked them up and started to tile the floor, after putting down a couple of rows i thought this dont go with the units or decor so went to the van to check the paper work, all the paper work was in order, so just put it down to weired customer taste....

till they came back off holiday...:incazzato:..not happy.....lucky i kept all the paper work to prove i just picked up and laid what they asked me to, they went back to the tile shop and found out the assistant had write down the wrong tile...

bet you can't guess which tile shop it was...

M

Mike

customer went in to a tile shop pionted out the tile they wanted BUT the sales assitant write down the wrong tile, they gave me the info to pick up the tiles and tile there kitchen floor while they were on holiday.

i went to the tile shop not knowing they had write down the wrong tiles, and picked them up and started to tile the floor, after putting down a couple of rows i thought this dont go with the units or decor so went to the van to check the paper work, all the paper work was in order, so just put it down to weired customer taste....

till they came back off holiday...:incazzato:..not happy.....lucky i kept all the paper work to prove i just picked up and laid what they asked me to, they went back to the tile shop and found out the assistant had write down the wrong tile...

bet you can't guess which tile shop it was...

Lucky you were covered then Andy, Last thing I want atm is any hassle over getting my money after Xmas. That wasn't topps by any chance lol

tapatalk on my HTC

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
About 3 yrs ago I had a bathroom to tile in 30x45 ceramics while my customer was away on holiday. When I went to pick the tiles up from a regular supplier they told they had come from a different branch and their warehouse had been flooded when we had torrential rain. The upshot of it was that the boxes had been damaged so there was no way of recognising the batch numbers and they had been wrapped in clear plastic. When I started loading the van I noticed that there were 3 different shades and said I would call the customer to see what they wanted me to do. After a long call to Las Vegas I told them that I wouldn't fit them if it was my bathroom and they took my word for it. Fortunately, I took 3 of the different shaded tiles with me to show them when they came back and they couldn't thank me enough. They would not have accepted the tiles so I would have had fit them, remove them and refit again all at my expense. I never do work for customers if there is no one available at the house because of issues like this.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I had a job a few years ago tiling a balcony on a split level dormer bungalow, three flights of stairs. 15m2 600x600 porcelain, as I got to carrying the penultimate box of tiles up the stairs, puffing like an old steam train. The customer had laid some tiles out, and informed me she had changed her mind, and didn't like the tile in situ. I then proceeded to load the tiles back into my van, saying no problem, no problem, But muttering under my breath, the customer is always right.

I was not really muttering those exact words, If I am honest.:mad2: We should write a book on the things we put up with:lol:

D

DN1986

One of my dads mates had some tiles purchased and fixed by B&Q. He wanted his bathroom tiling whilst he was on holiday.

Got back and they had fixed the wall tiles to the floor and then the floor tiles to the walls!

Wish he'd known I was a tiler before he got them to do it! Got a bit of plastering
To do for him yet and he's thinking of ripping it all it so might still get a job from it yet.

M

Mike

One of my dads mates had some tiles purchased and fixed by B&Q. He wanted his bathroom tiling whilst he was on holiday.

Got back and they had fixed the wall tiles to the floor and then the floor tiles to the walls!

Wish he'd known I was a tiler before he got them to do it! Got a bit of plastering
To do for him yet and he's thinking of ripping it all it so might still get a job from it yet.

Did he not claim against b &q ?

tapatalk on my HTC

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to close one in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I have a customer who lives in a 200 year old property. The lounge floor he wants tiled which...
Replies
Views
hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.