• Thread starter Mijacmad
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 65

Discuss Cold Water Tank In Loft - Cause Of Flood Dispute? Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Cold Water Tank In Loft - Cause Of Flood Dispute? Discussion Thread

Having just moved into a property and discovering the central heating not functioning, after 3 months we eventually was able to get the property management to have one of their heating engineers attend. He was literally here 10mins and in the loft space for 2mins, where he stated he discovered the header tank bone dry and the ballcock jammed, which he said had freed and the water flowed again. This header tank is directly behind the larger cold-water tank, with space pretty limited.

Literally several hours after he had left, we were woken early morning to water gushing through the ceilings and basically flooding out both upstairs/downstairs. The attending called out emergency plumber stated that the flood emanated from a snapped off water direction pipe in the cold water tank, located in front of the header tank.

This has now lead to a dispute with the landlord when asking them to rectify the damages, where they are now claiming that it was purely a coincidence and wasn't snapped off, that the plastic water direction pipe had simply perished over time and fell off all by itself, leading to the water flow knocking the cold water tanks lid and being dislodged, hence the water spraying onto the ceilings. And that unfortunately it was just a pure coincidence that the plumber had attended and worked on the tank directly behind, but was not directly anything to do with him.

Now I'm not dumb, but the odd's of this being a coincidence are pretty slim. They sent one of their operations managers out, who firstly stated that the cold-water tank was at the other end of the loft and then changed his tune after me asking him to go into the loft, and then giving extra BS excuses when he came down.

I went into the loft myself and discovered the header tank right behind the much larger cold-water tank and found the old water direction pipe in the bottom of the tank and was asked by my insurance company to retain this. The beams are not immediately visible so there is no way...

Read more

Cold Water Tank In Loft - Cause Of Flood Dispute? for the original thread on Plumbers Forums

Reply to Cold Water Tank In Loft - Cause Of Flood Dispute? Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Cold Water Tank In Loft - Cause Of Flood Dispute? Discussion Thread
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Plumbing Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond