Discuss Commisioning before tiling in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Get heating on to ambient room temperature then get it turned up to full operating temperature over a few days, 2/3 degrees per day.
Then the same procedure in reverse & you are good to go once floor cools.
How did you do your reading. The hygrometer needs to be on the floor 24hrs before switching on then take a reading between 24/48hrs & check your maximum & minimum readings, if it's below 75% RH then it's good to tile to.

judge

TF
Arms
Get heating on to ambient room temperature then get it turned up to full operating temperature over a few days, 2/3 degrees per day.
Then the same procedure in reverse & you are good to go once floor cools.
How did you do your reading. The hygrometer needs to be on the floor 24hrs before switching on then take a reading between 24/48hrs & check your maximum & minimum readings, if it's below 75% RH then it's good to tile to.
Cheers stef,Ive got my own hygometer.I took the readings last weekend.I was shocked as the the floor is max 60 mm thick and down to 63% in 50 ish days.(the room is full of windows and has loads of circulation)On other floors ive been waiting at least double the time for the humidity to go under 75%.!!! Shows how warm weather and lots of ventilation make a big difference in the drying times:smilewinkgrin:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Commisioning before tiling in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’ve just crossed over from the plumbers forum for some tiling advice as I’m in the process...
Replies
Views
Hi, hoping for some advice.... Had a anhydrite screed laid early Feb. Looking at laying 20mm...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB