UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Concept PHT in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

L & R CERAMICS

youve got to be careful when choosing a name,we were called HERITAGE CERAMICS,name on me van,one day we were driving down the m25 to ilford and we seen a van with the same name on it ,next thing i know weve got a letter through the post of their solicitor,apparently you have got to check if that name is being used by a plc company so we had to change it coz they had been trading longer ,as we were unaware of this information i changed it to my family name

D

DevonR

Mines more of a future investment if you like. I don't plan on doing domestic and small jobs all the time and once I've gained experience then I intend to go larger. Ceramic Splendour goes a long way to define a company that is "exclusive" if you like, a cut above even. I'd like to appeal to a "certain" clientelle, if you know what I mean.
Well that was my thinking behind it anyway.
Now come on let's see your business cards (a la American Psycho).

:D

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Ha ha - what an excellent-ish Film!

RE: L&R, yes, companieshouse.gov.uk can help with current trading established names although not all are listed that can affect you and your name.

RE DevonR, I suppose it is good to try and aim your name at your clientelle, it can help give your company an image before a customer has even seen you etc.

Any more fo you lot have any input in this? (I'm rying to get the pro's room a bit more active here LOL)

L

L & R CERAMICS

put the kettle on then
181p.gif

L

L & R CERAMICS

Ha ha - what an excellent-ish Film!

RE: L&R, yes, companieshouse.gov.uk can help with current trading established names although not all are listed that can affect you and your name.

RE DevonR, I suppose it is good to try and aim your name at your clientelle, it can help give your company an image before a customer has even seen you etc.

Any more fo you lot have any input in this? (I'm rying to get the pro's room a bit more active here LOL)
weve been on that website before and the letter we received was off heritage ceramics and glass ware ,ive noticed this company is dissolved now

C

Concept PHT

Hey guys - I have just ntoiced this thread Re: my name!!

Wow, what a privelege!! Lol

The thinking behind my name was I wanted to give the customer a vision of what they want to acheive, from proffesional advice to installation. These days, its not just about rocking up and sorting the job out. The customer is full of questions and wants ideas to help them get what they want. There is nothing better than giving the customer a cracking idea that they haven't thought of themselves to get what they are after.

The installation is the second part of any job after the 'concept' has been established.

The PHT stands for 'Plumbing:Heating:Tiling'

APM Ceramic tiling didn't really promote what I was trying to sell, but it served a purpose at the time and it did very well. :)

C

Concept PHT

I am also registered at companies house under 'Concept (Staffordshire) Ltd'. And your right, there is a lot of rules to abide by when coming up with a new trading name, especially if your sole trader vs a Ltd company.

Sole Traders - Its always good to check at companies house before getting your van written up etc, to make sure your not using somebody else's name by accident. It could become quite expensive if you don't check!!

C

Concept PHT

Its ok, I know where I stand..... Lol

Central heating is what I do, although I am not CORGI yet, so I sub the gas connection out to a registered guy.

Anything to do with solid fuel though, I can do. Also, I am getting Part P, so I can install the UFH start to finish and install Storage Heating complete too. Plus it benefits me with the other electrical work I do with the plumbing.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Concept PHT in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
HI, Excuse the length and new thread, but it reads super fast. I could use some advice. There...
Replies
Views
eric123
E

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.