UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Concrete Floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
hi george,

the screed will take about 1mm per day to dry so it depends how thick the screed is, you can buy adhesives to tile on to screeds that aren't fully dry, one iv'e used is bal green screed, but it is very expensive, just prim and tile no need for hardi, might be worth checking its not a gyvlon screed, that would require more prep work, also check theres no underfloor heating or that would need to be commisioned.

Hi Guys

I managed to get access to the plot today along with various other trades.I asked the site supervisor what concrete the floor was and he wasn't really sure!The surface is really smooth and it was laid around 4 months ago if that's any help.

Cheers

The site supervisor doesn't know what the slab is?!!! i wont comment on that but the slab didn't just appear by itself so somebody must know and that should be the site supervisor or the concrete layers themselves . I would think that the supervisor must have documentation as to who layed the slab for building consent purposes at least.
Ask him again for this info, you can't really proceed until you do as per the previous comments :thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Concrete Floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I have a customer who lives in a 200 year old property. The lounge floor he wants tiled which...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi there, hoping for some help here. I am about to install a small (2.2x2.5m approx) area of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Concrete Floor
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.