UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Concrete Ground Floor And Wetroom Installation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

EViS

We've done wetrooms on suspended floors with joists in the past, but never on concrete, so looking for some advice please chaps :).

We are going to be creating a wetroom shower enclosure which is triangular (i.e. the shower screen runs at an angle to the corner of the room) with the two sides along the walls measuring 1200 x 1200. This is on a ground floor which is concrete and the waste needs to be a narrow channel to one side as opposed to a square in the middle.

What's the best way to create the shower 'tray' in a concrete floor? Dig it up and install a tray of sorts? Any recommendations?

Is there usually sufficient depth in slabs on a ground floor to install a channel waste and run this 3 metres to the bottom of a soil stack outside? Again, any recommendations for channel wastes?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Concrete Ground Floor And Wetroom Installation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, all I have just finished my wetroom and tanked all areas, to my understanding because this...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on final floor buildup. We're installing a shower tray...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on final floor buildup. We're installing a shower tray...
Replies
Views
HI There, im about to layout Jackoboard panels and wetroom shower tray on my bathroom floor...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.