UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Concrete to floor boards help! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Regal Tiling

Hi all, i have just been to have a look at a job and am in need of a bit of advice. Firstly they want their bath tilled around but as its only a mixer tap shower does it need tanked or wud a waterproof adhesive be enough? Secondly their kitchen floor is concrete apart from the last foot or so where it's floor boards. What is the best way to tile a floor like this? The kitchen and dining room have been knocked into one. How can I stop the slc spilling over to the dinning area?

G

Gazzer

1st, you can advise for tanking but if its not a shower area then most would not bother. A paint on system would be ideal though if this was just a splashback area.

2nd where 2 substrates meet you will need an expansion joint , if not the floor stands more than a fair chance of cracking in that area.

3rd Most tilers have their own methods of stopping the flow of SLC. I use strips of marmox and silicone them to the floor. i have other ways but it all depends on the situation.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Concrete to floor boards help! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.