UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss condensation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Matty A

This is for any plumbers out there.

have just fitted a bathroom suite and the bathroom is freshley plastered now my problem is the toilet is situated on the outside wall and is constantly covered in condensation now the plaster on that wall is not drying as fast as the rest of room and i cant see if the toilet is leaking any untill the condensation stops has any one had this problem before and will it stop once the room is 100% dry cos im thinking its because the wall is still wet causing it to be very cold.

HELP!!!
Cheers

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Matt,

If the conbdensation is all over the place and around the loo it's the same qty then i'd guess it's not leaking and it is just the condensation. Try openning a window a little and getting some heat in the room from the rest of the house or something to help it a bit. You could even dry as much as you can with paper towels or an old towel and then test for leaks on your loo maybe? It should stop looking so wet once the plaster has dried out fully though.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to condensation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi - we would very much appreciate some advice. In October 2020 we had a sole trader come in to...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.