Discuss Correct adhesive and grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

Wood's better

Hi everyone,

Please could you help with speccing the following scenario?:

Kitchen area to be tiled (splashback and other areas) using 350x225mm ceramics. tiling on existing walls which are dot and dabbed and skimmed. Customer will strip wallpaper and paint, and than wants to get a plasterer to skim over again to tidy it all up.

I have access to BAL and Mapei products, so either will be fine.

I propose to use 2mm spacers.

Please could you help with adhesive and grout.

Advice much apreciated,

Richard.

W

Wood's better

Thanks, I have topps,tile giant and also an independant that does most of BAL stuff.
The main area to be tiled is the splashback, however, there are areas in a door reveal that go down to the floor. No higher than the underside of the wall units. Do you think this will be OK? I can find out the weight of the tiles tomorrow. I am a bit concerned about the skimming over the already previously skimmed wall! Will this reduce the weight limit further?

Reply to Correct adhesive and grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Correct adhesive and grout
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.