Discuss Correct adhesive for plaster bathroom walls? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

rockin79

Hello All,

Firstly like many others I am new to this forum.
Please could I ask for help in my diy bathroom project.

I have mainly plasterboard walls and skimmed. I have ceramic tiles that are 45cm x 32cm.
In my haste to buy buy buy at my local B&Q I purchased Unibond readymixed wall tile adhesive.

Q. Will this be ok? Or should I try and return the 2 tubs (bought in Jan) for a better adhesive?
Would the Bal Single Part Flex be any good as I have that for the floor tiles?

Q. What primer should I use before tiling as some threads suggest it is not needed?

Many Thanks.

A

aph257

1. No way should you use that addhisive with those tiles, they're too big for ready mixed. You will need a single part flexble (SPF) cement based addhesive.

2. the plasterboard doesn't need primeing but the skimmed wall does, get the primer with the addhesive.

If you have a Tile giant local, they sell Mapei which is good stuff something like Adesilex P9 or Keraflex and use thier Primer G.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Correct adhesive for plaster bathroom walls? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB