Discuss Correct ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

ian158

Tiler did this !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 101
I

ian158

Story goes I go to fit kitchen at a house having total refurb..looked at he bathrooms..as you do! Found the builder had made the wall 1700mm so bath fitted snug up against ply..then fitted 12mm plasterboard on top of bath..leaving 5mm gap between wall and taps..tiles were 8mm! So quietly told client and he pulled them up on it..so they ripped off pb and tiled on plywood!...£120,000 worth of works and he made wall to small...goes to fit kitchen and wall..stud..was 20mm out over 2.2mts...with no upstanding to worktop will look pants..so now builder is fitting mosaics to follow contour of wall

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and tile spacers used were bits of cardboard box!

M

Mr Tiler

Used to use cardboard, matchsticks, nails - in fact anything that would keep the joint before pegs became popular!

Its always a shame when people get rough work done and it usually happens to the nice ones!
I can agree with this one john and I would say that when your having a nightmare with that customer that's over your shoulder trying to tell you how it is done..... you have to understand because they just want a decent job!.... but the ones who you are recommended to and still go on like your going to do a bad job. well they can just go to hell! lol

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Correct ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
P
Did you get to France? I was looking for a tiler in the south. Thanks
Replies
Views
I have the old stock no more ply down unprimed. (Their new stock comes pre-primed). Mapei...
Replies
Views
Plasterers Forum <p>There’s a Plasterers Forum online that has been the main one for years now...
Replies
Views
Where to get a Tiling NVQ Hi,I did the 4wk course in Warrington back in Sept, being a plasterer...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB