Discuss Could you live on £ 53 a week ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
The government agrees that no one can live on £53 per week. The national minimum is from memory around £83 per week but this will comprise for example job seekers allowance and housing benefit or council to benefit etc etc. the problem as I see it is that if you suddenly become unemployed after having spent your life working for your money you will have no idea what you are entitled to, what you can get and how you can screw the system so you will probably have. Clue where to get the rest of the cash from.

I get extremely annoyed, like most folks on here, that lazy and selfish people can live very comfortably for a lifetime on benefits but there is no help for hard working folks who fall on hard times... The system stinks but here is nothing we can do about it and that really pees me off too...

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
The government agrees that no one can live on £53 per week. The national minimum is from memory around £83 per week but this will comprise for example job seekers allowance and housing benefit or council to benefit etc etc. the problem as I see it is that if you suddenly become unemployed after having spent your life working for your money you will have no idea what you are entitled to, what you can get and how you can screw the system so you will probably have. Clue where to get the rest of the cash from.

I get extremely annoyed, like most folks on here, that lazy and selfish people can live very comfortably for a lifetime on benefits but there is no help for hard working folks who fall on hard times... The system stinks but here is nothing we can do about it and that really pees me off too...

We had a pamphlet pushed through our letterbox. Started to read it, saying we may be eligible to have a new boiler free of charge. Carried on reading, apparently, only eligible if I'm on this benefit and that benefit. I'm a hard working bloke and entitled to jack. How can that be right. It will be my taxes that's paying for this. Does my crust in.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
for the record i don't fall into that category of slob dole dosser lol im working for nothing other than my dole money just to change the way my life is!
No one suggested you were mate and I commend you for what you are doing and wish you the very best of success and would happily help where I could if asked. Simple fact is though there are plenty of dole walkers who know how to screw the system so don't bother with what you are doing...

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
yeh this site is giving me a lot of advice and sorry if i get on anyones nerves by askin all these silly questions i just at least wanna seem like i know what im talking about when it comes to customers lol and mate theres probably more people on the dole round this area than actually workin lol

the only silly question is the one you keep to yourself. As I said in the other thread I applaud anyone who gets off their backside and does something productive rather than watching or even appearing on Jeremy Kyle. I think there are plenty on this forum who will feel the same and will offer whatever help they can.

M

Mr T

yeh thanks mate and any help in the future will be much appreciated but... if you nock jezza again il have to delete my profile on here lol i love seing the local scruffs with 10 kids to 10 dads avin it out lol... but yeh the only reason ive been on the dole this long (since December) is for the simple fact that i cant take agency work anymore and want something i can teach my son when hes older so at least he can have a better life n that's my determination lol

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Could you live on £ 53 a week ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I started removing the tiles in my bathroom today and the majority of the plaster has come off...
Replies
Views
Tikkaaa
T
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
The living room is the main activity area for family members and guests, so the material...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB