Discuss Cove adhesive for tiles? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

ag1975

Hi.

I've been tiling a kitchen with ceramic 400x200 tiles and have been forced to use cove adhesive on part of a window sill. I'm not sure but one of the tiles seemed to sink a bit easier than when I've used mastic tile adhesive, for instance when I've had to mess with the trim and inadvertently pushed part of the tile down.

Questions are am I likely to find the tiles have sunk when I go back tomorrow and what is the difference between cove adhesive and mastic adhesive?

Cheers.

A

ag1975

Still cant understand why your the tiler but you dont have a choice to what you fix the tiles with, hope you realise you are responsable for any failures.

I'm working for a bloke that does renovations, he buys the materials and I help him do the work (allsorts). We ran out of tile adhesive and as the only thing left over was the ready mixed cove adhesive he told me to use that.

So is the stuff likely to be ok??

A

ag1975

The opposite way round, but many years ago a decorator friend recommended I stuck my coving with tile adhesive - some 20 years later, it's still stuck solid so I imagine it's similar stuff (wouldn't endorse it though!)

I've heard of that before, but I started thinking the tile adhesive may be strong enough to hold coving up but the cove adhesive may not be strong enough or suitable enough for tiles. lol

A

ag1975

I've done a few tiling jobs now and I guess its like anything, it's as easy as you make it. To do it well is a different thing though :)

Definitely not an easy job, is there such a thing?

- - - Updated - - -

I've done a few tiling jobs now and I guess its like anything, it's as easy as you make it. To do it well is a different thing though :)

Definitely not an easy job, is there such a thing?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Cove adhesive for tiles? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I have recently laid around 30msq of porcelain floor tiles in our kitchen. The tiles have been...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB