Discuss Crack in the screed with travertine. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

timburr

Hi. I'm short on experience here so if I can have the advice before I screw it up that would be great:
Its a kitchen floor 'L' shaped currently 30 m2 but growing to 50 m2 next phase. The screed has embedded ufh pipes as yet pressurised but not commisioned. Its been airdrying for 5 months, is 80mm thick dry mixed with fibres, on celotex. A fine crack has appeared between the arms of the 'L'.
I was proposing to use travertine directly onto the screed in a roman opus pattern, but am thinking now that expansion joints I might have to provide will be difficult in this pattern?? I guess a silicon joint over the crack would be good but I dont see how to achieve it. Phase 2 joins a separate floor to phase 1 to make a tiling run 11m long, and will have a joint in the screed where the wall was removed. I've figured from reading various threads I must at least heat and cool the screed before I start laying, what else have I missed. I haven't bought the travertine yet. I'm a builder with experience tiling bathrooms mostly but this is my first big stone job.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Crack in the screed with travertine. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Heeelp!!! I've seen some old posts about this but nothing recently. I have 120sqm travertine...
Replies
Views
Hello. I'd appreciate it if you guys could help me out here; I've been reading as many threads...
Replies
Views
C
Hi I’ve just removed a stone floor for a client. I didn’t tile it originally. The stone...
Replies
Views
clipboard2008
C
C
Hello all. I was hoping for some help with UFH issue. There seems to be many posts with...
Replies
Views
Hi all Just had a call from a customer who's floor was finished two weeks ago Tiles are 900 by...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Crack in the screed with travertine.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.