UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Cracked tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Also depends on the typeof movement.if itis horizontalthen ditra or similar may be an answer. This will not however cope with differential horizontal movements. Wy does the floor move?? You say this is normal in SA so i assume it is some sort of ground heave or swell?

K

ken birmingham

I`d like to say thanks to everyone who have replied to my thread, In the Pretoria area where I live the houses are mainly built on clay,in the summer the ground becomes hot with the sun for quite along period and in the winter it becomes very cold and sometimes we get frost. As today the temp is 36deg C, the water temp in the outside swimming pool ( I`m not swanking, it the norm here ) is 28deg C. In the winter it the temp outside can go down to - 2deg C. We also only get our rain in the summer and not the winter.

K

ken birmingham

Hi Kilty, The house is tiled right through with no expansion joints, the skirting is tiled. All joints are grouted. The problem lies where one room meets another, the distance of the crack is 6 tiles in a straight line, so as you can imagine it is in the middle of a large tiled area, so lifting all the tiles is unfortunatly out of the question.If I remove the cracked tiles is there any method I could use to stitch across the area where I remove the tiles from.

Reply to Cracked tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Help! New DIYer here - I’m preparing my bathroom floor to lay ceramic tile. Removed the vinyl...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Cracked tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.