Discuss Cracked wall tiles with NMP in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Scott

Hey people

Been a long time since i was last on here!

I've had a customer come back to me with some cracked tiles in his bathroom. Its 12mm no more ply, I've called them and apparently it has to be glued on the joins AND to the stud work, who knew?

Anyone else had any issues with this? I've fitted all the other types of tiling board i can think of, wedi, marmox, aquapanel, hardi etc but i've never heard of having to glue them to the stud work as well, so I didnt glue this one either. :/

I'm getting flak of this guy now as I dont have an answer for him to recitify it without taking out and starting again. If i cut out the 10 cracked ones and cut the join in the boards and glue it with the NMP glue, whats to say it wont crack again?

Any thoughts please?

cracked tiles.jpg

S

Scott

Don't understand why anyone would use cement boards on walls, it's crap to work with and , well just really crap to work with
These were surpringly easy to cut compared to hardi or aquapanel. If I had a local supplier for Marmox or wedi I could get off the shelf then I'd do that but the easiest way for me to get Marmox is from merlecollins (kev) and he's 675 miles away!

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
These were surpringly easy to cut compared to hardi or aquapanel. If I had a local supplier for Marmox or wedi I could get off the shelf then I'd do that but the easiest way for me to get Marmox is from merlecollins (kev) and he's 675 miles away!
Personally id of used plasterboard and tanked it , especially with metros, cheaper and just as good

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Cracked wall tiles with NMP in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Looking for advise how to approach tiling a kitchen backsplash about 18 square feet. The wall...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB