Discuss Cracking in new wall tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rj101

Hi All,

We had a new bathroom fitted just over 2 months including new floor and wall tiles (floor to ceiling wall tiles). The walls tiles were laid on the existing wall substrate as the builder advised it was in good condition. All was fine until 2 weeks when we noticed a tile had several hairline cracks, then since then a new crack has begun to appear in another tile everyday after the shower has been used. We are going to get the builder back but i'm wondering if anyone has any idea what could be causing this issue? Could it be a poor batch of tiles, workmanship issue, failed adhesive?
Any advice would be much appreciated
Thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Cracking in new wall tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB