Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Cracking Up! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike

Morning
I have just had a stud wall tiled and when the tiler was grouting he noticed one of the tiles had a hairline crack in top corner. He replaced this only to find another tile and cracked in exactly the same place. Any ideas why this has happened anyone? Would it be a fault with the tiles? The stud wall shifting or a heavy handed tiler? Thanks
:welcome::welcome: . sometimes a damaged box of tiles would have a crack run through most of the box in the same place but it's strange they've not broke when laying them . good luck

T

Time's Ran Out

as the cracks are all i n the same place you had a box that was damaged in transit tell the supplier!!

Once they are fixed you have no recourse with a supplier!
You should have no cost of having it replaced again if it is a faulty as it would be down to the tiler.
And this time check the sub surface to make sure there is nothing to be transferred through to the tile - Good luck.

Reply to Cracking Up! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Cracking Up!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.