UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Creating a pitch for water to run off garage floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bugs183

Sounds like a big job mate. How much do you need the work?
Is the floor screeded or concrete?
All the paint and grease has to be removed before you think of creating falls, the grease could have been absorbed into the concrete, in which case you will need to scabble the surface off.
If the floor is screeded, it may be easier to just cango up the screed and get a new screed put down with the new falls included. If the floor is solid concrete, then it won't come up easily and creating new falls will be a nightmare.
There maybe someone here that could advise on creating falls on concrete, but it won't be an easy or cheap job.

Its concrete don't need the work really but its for one of my main clients (the sort you let down and never get anymore work) just spoke to him and he said he would prep it, all i need to do is tile that makes me happy couldn't be bothered with the hassle haven't stopped for weeks our baby's due soon and want a couple of months off all the jobs I've done lately have been full bathroom refurbs and a lot of hassle start to finish a straight forward tiling job is just the ticket.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Creating a pitch for water to run off garage floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I have been researching this for days and need some help. My garage has a concrete floor. I live...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.