Discuss creating fall in linear wet-room application in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cornish_crofter

Only drying time.....If you can recommend one that I can tile over within a day or so?

BAL Greenscreed tile adhesive can be used 24 hours after the screed is layed. However it has a long cure time. 24 hours at 20°C. In this weather allow about 3 days. So it's the job to schedule on Friday IMO. Then stick a heater in over the weekend to keep the temperature up.

Typically you're looking at about £25 for a 15kg bag.

C

cornish_crofter

just make sure whatever you use for screed is compatible with tanking

Good point.

The Greenscreed can be used to adhere a tanking membrane to the floor. Then you can use a normal rapid set SPF on top.

I was faced with a similar problem but the concrete slab was also new. I used BAL Greenscreed to adhere a wetroom former directly to the concrete after it had been down 10 days and the same to stick Shluter decoupling matting down on the new screed. Over that I used Profix Rapid Set SPF

Reply to creating fall in linear wet-room application in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I am building a small wet room which is 900 x 1850. I am using an AKW Tuff form 900 x 1400...
Replies
Views
First off, thank you to everyone that posts on this forum, although this is only my second post...
Replies
Views
O
What is the best way to form the falls on flat concrete floor in a wet room? I had thought of...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

aflemi

Arms
TF
Thread Information

Title
creating fall in linear wet-room application
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.