Discuss Cricket Club Shower Room in the Best Bathroom Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

R

robbieraven

Been asked to tile the cricket club shower rooms, obviously cost is the most critical issue with clubs with not much money. Current walls are painted brick, and pretty flat, let me just stress that, it's very well painted brick! Chairman for cost savings has suggested tiling straight over to which I said No! I said it should be re-plastered or boarded out, thoughts chaps? As per my suggestion above I'd have thought. Do it right do it once!

C

Concrete guy

20 years ago I tiled a rugby/hockey/cricket club showers.

It had failed annually whatever they'd tried, tiling, resin coatings, paint. You name it they tried it.

I lined it with Aquapanel (which you could buy in 2400x1200mm sheets at the time) screwed to aluminium studwork, tanked it and fitted porcelain floor tiles on the floors and walls.

20 years later it's still there and as solid as the day it was completed.

The issue your cricket club have is the same as many sports clubs. Do it right first time (think of it as in investment) or do it cheap every 12 months.

Upvote 0
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Cricket Club Shower Room in the Best Bathroom Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, I have been doing a lot of research as to which is the best tanking product to use on...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB