Discuss CSCS Card in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

simonb43

As the domestic side of work is erratic, I am looking at getting a CSCS card to work on sites, which appears to be increasing.
However, getting the right card seems to be confusing. Having looked into it, I believe I can get the Red card, for an experienced worker. Am I correct ?? Obviously, I know I have to complete the H & S test, which I can organise.
Please let me know if right in what I'm saying, also feel free to call me stupid, if I'm making something easy sound difficult.

A

Ash-wolves

I only have the green one, no probs for me.

As from the 1st of June 2014, they'll be phased out, 'cos under the old system any old Tom dick & harry could get hold of one and they don't show competence. As I said sites here aren't recognising them.

On another note, you'll need asbestos awerness, public liabily, and your own risk assessments and method statements, not essential but its an advantage

W

White Room

As from the 1st of June 2014, they'll be phased out, 'cos under the old system any old Tom dick & harry could get hold of one and they don't show competence. As I said sites here aren't recognising them.

On another note, you'll need asbestos awerness, public liabily, and your own risk assessments and method statements, not essential but its an advantage

Is that as a contractor or employee [MENTION=43126]Ash-wolves[/MENTION]

As I suspected , time served - like myself and many others - have to do an EWPA ( Experienced Worker Practical Assessment ) to get hold of the Blue/Gold card. This seems to cost upwards of £700 - £800 for 1-2 days assessment , would appear to be a bit an industry if I'm honest. One has to provide a portfolio , refs , do an interview , to determine your level of skill .

May come a day when I have to do it , until such times as my green one runs out I'll not bother.

Diggy

T

The D

If you have no qualifications the gov will fund 1 level 2 corse and if you are on means tested benefits the cost will be less or free you may be surprised at what you can get.
The way I see it is all trades have to have one if they want to work on site some have to have a lot more and pay a lot more so you can take it or leave it but it's not going away. And the testing is only going to get stricter and the qualifications harder to obtain so I would do it sooner rather than later and I have ;0)

If you have no qualifications the gov will fund 1 level 2 corse and if you are on means tested benefits the cost will be less or free you may be surprised at what you can get.
The way I see it is all trades have to have one if they want to work on site some have to have a lot more and pay a lot more so you can take it or leave it but it's not going away. And the testing is only going to get stricter and the qualifications harder to obtain so I would do it sooner rather than later and I have ;0)

Sooner rather than later is great advice.

We currently have a tiler who finished an apprenticeship in 1983, but cant get his card as he hasnt got copies of his indentures! He has City and guilds certs but no proof of finishing the apprenticeship.

As mentioned above its only going to get more difficult to obtailn.

The colour of the card isnt that important, as long as you have one you will be allowed on site.

Well just spoke to a guy at the TTA and apparently if you join them , you get the course money back in the form of a grant! He told me BAL do the NVQ test which he actually designed. This seems to be the route to go .

Cheers Diggy

Sounds ideal Diggy :thumbsup:

I noticed your in Gloucestershire, I'm down there myself thisafternoon for a leisure centre. Dont fancy working on it do you? :smilewinkgrin:

Reply to CSCS Card in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I can personally recommend UK Pro Tiling. Darren is a great tutor, the aftercare is great and it...
Replies
Views
I see and hear all to often of the horror stories when someone hires a supposed tiler only to...
Replies
Views
Good Evening Folks. I'm going to post a few pictures & would like to hear some feedback from...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB